|How do I use this website?|
|This site is set up in categories, then subcategories, in outline form. If you would like to see the actual outline we use, click on Site Map in the pull down menu under Home. Sometimes it works best to just use the search function. Note that the search engine will try to match all the words you use, so a single word may actually find an item more accurately than two or more words. You can also try using quotes around a search term.|
|How do I order?|
Click on the name of the item you would like to purchase. Choose the quantity that you would like and click on the green "Add to Cart" button. A black mini-cart will show on the upper right hand side of the screen. When you are ready to check out, click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button at the bottom of the mini-cart. That will take you to a bigger cart where you can change the quantity if necessary, and enter a coupon code. (Coupon codes are found in our Newsletter - be sure to sign up at the bottom of this page!)
Enter your zip code for an estimate of shipping. Please note that is only an estimate! We will always ship using the most economical and reliable method possible. Fill in contact information, choose your shipping method and click on the "Continue" button. Enter your payment method and click on "Place Your Order".
You will receive an email confirming your order. If we can't fill it for some reason, we will contact you using the information you gave us on the order form.
|What are my shipping options?|
|We offer several shipping options: |
- First Class. Patterns and other small, flat notions that will fit in an envelope can be sent by First Class. First Class package mail tends to be a bit slow, so if you are in a hurry for something, choose Priority. We do not guarantee the safe or timely arrival of items sent by first class.
- Free Shipping to members of the military. As long as you are using a military address, we will not charge you shipping. If the shopping cart doesn't recognize your address and charges you shipping anyway, make a note of the fact you are military in the "special comments" section or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fix it at this end and refund any over payment.
- Priority Mail. We generally ship by priority mail because other methods are slower and less reliable. We use USPS Click-N-Ship for our priority mail shipping. This will automatically send you the tracking number if you give us your correct E-mail address. You might want to whitelist USPS_Shipping_Services@usps.com to be sure you receive this notification. Our shopping cart figures shipping based on the weight of the items purchased and the shipping option you chose. If something seems odd, send us an E-mail or give us a call toll free at 1-888-817-6577 and we will double check it for you.
New York State Residents! Please note that the amount we charge you for shipping *is* taxable. (Yes, I agree that is stupid.)
|Is my order secure?|
|Yes! You should see a little lock in the URL address bar at the top of the page. Don't order if you don't see that lock! Give us a call toll free at 1-888-817-6577.|
|How do I pay?|
|We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover and Diners Club both online and by telephone. If you would like to call in your order, you may do so toll free from the United States and Canada at 1-888-817-6577. |
We also accept Paypal, checks and money orders. We are a Paypal Certified merchant. If you are ordering by check or money order, please print out a copy of your order and mail it with your check. We will not hold merchandise pending receipt of the check, so don't delay!
|What kind of fabric do you carry?|
|All our fabric is made from the best quality 100% cotton material. It varies in width from 42" to 45" wide, unless you are buying the extra wide backing which varies from 102" to 120". Always buy just a little extra to cover shrinkage in the wash and/or cutting errors.|
|What is your return policy?|
We pride ourselves on having a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We will accept a return on pretty much everything, including cut fabric, as long as it is in resalable condition and returned within 30 days. You must call first. However, we will not refund shipping unless we made an error and sent you the wrong thing.
|What information do we collect?|
We collect information from you when you place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, of course, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website
- (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
- (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
3637 Carman Rd
Schenectady NY 12303 USA
|How long will it take to receive my order?|
|We try very hard to ship the same day or next day, provided those are normal business days. This doesn't always happen! We really work hard to keep stock at hand at all times but if your item is out of stock we may hold your order for a day or two until new items arrive. If we aren't sure, we may ship your order with a notation that other items are backordered. The picture below shows approximate delivery times. Please don't count on this as being exact, particularly during the holiday season. |
|How do I find out about your sales and other special events, like the free patterns and mysteries?|
|Do you have a question we didn't answer? |
|If you don't see your question listed here, you can send an Email to email@example.com or call us toll free at 888-817-6577. Hours of service are 10AM - 5PM EST.|